Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sadeness



This one takes me back to the age of school friends and engineering exams and all-night-outs, ostentatiously for the purpose of studying, that were actually spent listening to music, scrambling eggs, drinking out of friend's dad's whiskey bottle and replacing consumed whiskey with tapwater, getting acquainted with the writings of Ms. Nancy Friday, manufacturing a home-made Ouija board for the purpose of carrying out a seance, carrying out the seance and getting convinced that a spirit had actually been summoned because everyone swore that they hadn't touched the triangle, seriously, they weren't kidding, it had moved and they had not touched it. Basically spending time doing everything, literally everything in the entire fucking world except studying. And ultimately, concluding with the breaking of the dawn to be enjoyed on the terrace with a steaming hot cup of tea in the hand. Goddamn I hated tea but in that situation, it had to be tea or the entire thing would have been meaningless. Good times. Life needs a rewind button.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Ouija board part. Wish I'd been there. Does the spirit come all the way just to move the triangle then?

Anonymous said...

i feel that too. especially when i see one of the old videos we used to watch in our MTV days .. where are you Meatloaf ?? where are you blackhole sun ?? where are you Pantera ?? Where are you .. Doom 2 ?

gawker said...

lekhni : Apparently that is what is supposed to happen. After all spirits are very obedient.

bhad : I recently downloaded "Snap : World Power" from emusic. I remember that was the very first album you bought with your new stereo system. When I listen to it, it feels like I'm going back in time.

Anonymous said...

jeje yes, Snap it was and Walthamstov deep deep down jeje. I was trying to remember that one with a lot of techno. couldn't remember though .. with that ver hot chick

Anonymous said...

oh yeah .. 2 Unlimited, Tribal dance jeje and pet shop boys

gawker said...

I just listened to deep deep down on amazon. That's a good song man. And I thought you meant 2 unlimited. I was just going to say that when I saw your comment. Also Snow and Apache Indian.

zambezi said...

you forgot khaled "didi"

zambezi said...

"be my lover"- La Bouche
cotton eye joe
who the fuck is alice?
scatman

gawker said...

zambezi : You know what, your selections just reminded me of the different strata of society we used to inhabit back then. Scatman, be my lover, who the fuck is alice, etc were generally considered to be songs of high-flying pub crawling hep society types. Look at my and Slime's selections. These were selections of the down-to-earth people of the soil like us.

You should ask yourself what happened to the course your life took that now you have to cohort with people like me.

zambezi said...

whatever shit head