Monday, February 11, 2008

Patch

So I finally determined the origin of the David Letterman-shaped patch on my living room ceiling. Turns out that the pipe connecting my drier to the vent that transports steam from the drier to the outside world had come off. This led to my laundry room filling up with steam whenever the drier was operated. This steam then condensed on the pipes inside the dry-wall that bring cold water into my washer. The condensate then dripped off the pipes and onto my ceiling. How did I discover this? Through the creation of another patch. So basically I am now on step two of the homeowner experience, namely, I'm finding out all the things I shouldn't do by doing them.

5 comments:

RobRoy said...

Hey, hey! I was promised no learning on this blog!

Do you have a home warrenty company through your mortgage? Most mortgages incorporate the cost for the first year.

gawker said...

robroy : I have no use for these pearls of wisdom now so I'm trying to give em away.

Yes I do have a home warranty and those people will be coming in tomorrow. Sadly every time I call them I have to pay 50 bucks.

RobRoy said...

Apology accepted.

It's better than paying $300 . . . or maybe you have too much money? If so, I can help with that problem.

gawker said...

robroy : Does debt qualify as money? If so, I have lots of money and I would be pleased to share it with you.

Kimberly El-Sadek said...

Make sure you periodically clean out the connecting duct between the dryer and the outside vent so the lint doesn't build up. Help the dryer run more efficiently and can prevent a fire.