Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rebicycling

Just so you know, I am still carrying 3 plastic trash bags full of plastic grocery bags from my previous apartment that I accumulated over the past three years and was too lazy to recycle but too conscientious to throw in the trash. Carrying in my car which I drive to work everyday. I drive 3 trash bags full of plastic bags to work everyday because I don't know what the fuck to do with them. Just so you know. Hello plastics industry, are you in need of bags please?

Secondly, watch this movie.

Thirdly, it is beginning to feel like home instead of some house I am living in as a guest. I am no longer afraid that my closets contain a dead body that I haven't discovered yet. And today when I used my toilet, it didn't feel like I was using the previous owners' toilet. At that moment, I would have gone down on my knees and embraced the toilet bowl. I will do that this weekend after I clean the toilet bowl.

Fourthly, dear SnowGod, I asked for snow and not ice. The difference is in texture. Please consult your handbook.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

why rebicycling ? maybe retricycling, coz like u have like 3 bags . maybe retricaring, coz like u have 3 bags which you drive around, like in your, car. or maybe im just obtuse to get it.

ice sucks, we had a snow storm tuesday/wed and i counted 7 accidents on a stretch of about 1.5 miles on my way to work. I heard on news, there were about 40 accidents around my city on tuesday.

Good to hear that you are enjoying your new home.

Anonymous said...

So anyways, what happened to the hangman. I feel so jobless and I'm thinking you are too. You are approving my comments even before I write them ..

gawker said...

Yeah I am quite jobless. I have a hangover. Which brings me to the title of this post. It sounded cool yesterday when I wrote it drunk. Now it just doesn't make any sense.

gawker said...

The hangman did something to the html code so clicking on the links on the page stopped working. let me see if i can bring it back

Anonymous said...

okay not sure if u're serious about ur trash bag issue, but I do know the solution..sort of..

Local grcoery stores have recycling units. and These usually have a container for 'grocery plastic bags'. just dump them there.. our local supermarket makes benches out of the plastic bags and puts them out near the entrance ( atleast thats what the benches say 'made out of ur grocery bags' or some such )

I dont know if u have a store where u live, but Wegmans is one such place..

Anonymous said...

and in case u're wondering..no. i am not a kachrewaali...

gawker said...

sqrl : Yes our grocery stores here also have recycling of bags. But the problem is I am too lazy to take them there.