Sunday, February 17, 2008

Amazing photograph

I just took an amazing photograph. It is of my grilling thermometer lying inside a flower pot on my deck. The flower pot is full of ice and half the thermometer is embedded inside the ice and half outside. I didn't actually take the photograph because my camera battery is dead and even if it weren't, my camera cannot take night pictures. But imagine the magnificence of the photograph, were I to have taken it. Imagine it conceptually : a thermometer lying inside ice. It is irony worth a Nobel photography prize. I trust you understand. Fuck it's cold tonight.

2 comments:

zambezi said...

i am very sorry to have ruined your weekend. you seem truely jobless and it hurts that you are languishing in some bumblefuck town in PA and writing all these wierd insipid posts. i wish you could have been with me.

gawker said...

What makes bumblefuck NJ that much better than bumblefuck PA? And don't say an overabundance of ghettoes.

To be honest, I am not that jobless. Yesterday I watched Sri Lanka vs Australia and today I'm watching India vs Australia. I also went and tried to hike in Evansburg State Park but all the trails were made of ice. Then I organized my cd collection and watched Superbad. Today I will go visit a used cd store in search of some cds I am too cheap to buy new. We will perhaps do something next weekend if it warms the fuck up.