Friday, March 06, 2009

M80

I saw an M80 today. A Bajaj M80 on a Pennsylvania road. Okay, it might not have been a Bajaj M80, possibly a Ford M80 or a Goldman Sachs M80 but it was definitely an M80. It had the same vertical mini wingettes straddling the fuel tank and the same bespectacled Indian sitting on it. I couldn't believe my fucking eyes. Actually, I could. If not my eyes, what else am I gonna believe? My ears? Hey, what's that I hear, isn't that an M80? Or nose? Yargh, that smells like an M80. No, I trust my eyes. But I wonder how this thing got here. Does Bajaj have a showroom in the US? Perhaps they have a black market M80 outlet on Oaktree road.

I wonder if they would sell me an Atlas Goldline Super bicycle.

10 comments:

zambezi said...

suzuki makes them too.
stop sending me messages via twitter. i dont know how it works.

gawker said...

I am out of cellphone minutes for this month. Therefore I am resorting to internet based communication.

zambezi said...

Who has limits on their cell minutes anymore? i dont even have a land line.
as os of today, i have 6,570 minutes. i will gladly give them to you if you want.

gawker said...

I have limits. I have 450 minutes a month. Do you wish to speak about Bajaj M80s or not?

gawker said...

Are you an ATT customer?

zambezi said...

yes i am. what are you?

zambezi said...

its pathetic that you have 450 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I see a Bajaj Chetak pretty frequently in Atlanta. They used to be sold in the US link

I dont know if M80s were/are sold, but over the years there have been many vehicles (including the iconic Honda Cub) that look similar to the M80 and were sold all over the world.

/back to lurking now

gawker said...

zambezi : Yes so am i so i guess the 450 doesn't apply. Also, 450 is usually enough because I use most of my minutes to call my voicemail and verify that no one left me any messages.

Ad : Bajaj vehicles must be very close to your heart if you chose this moment to unlurk yourself. you know, it might have been the Honda Cub because it looks exactly like the one that I saw, including the color.

Anonymous said...

You saw a Honda Cub (vintage) or a Sym Symba (modern).

Bajaj Chetaks and Legends used to be sold in the US. Last model year was 2006. I have one. And I ride it in Pennsylvania!

Bugrem Bugrit Millenium Hand and Shrimp!