Thursday, September 25, 2008

Here she comes, Miss Alaska

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? Allow them to spend more, and put more money into the economy, instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: That’s why I say I, like every American I’m speaking with, were ill about this position that we have been put in. Where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh, it’s got to be about job creation, too. Shoring up our economy, and getting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade — we have got to see trade as opportunity, not as, uh, competitive, um, scary thing, but one in five jobs created in the trade sector today. We’ve got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation.


(via)




Archival footage from Ms. Palin's early career :

Interviewer: Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the United States on a world map. Why do you think this is?

Sarah Palin: "I personally believe the U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh...people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and...I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., err, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our...




(Disclaimer : Model shown not really Sarah Palin. Also, this website is not supported or approved by the Obama for America campaign.)

7 comments:

RobRoy said...

Does she even know what she's saying?

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin is a Regular, not an Elite, thass why she spiks like dat.

Have you read this New Yorker article? Hilarious.

Dilip Malave said...

On the Stupidometer she scores a perfect 10 beating the Dildohead George W with a very big margin. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Anonymous said...

Palin for president!!!!Honestly I just cant wait for her to be elected. Is there anyway I can vote from Auckland???

Meenu said...

I just hope we are all not under-estimating the stupidity of the 'average' American (high school drop- out, blue-collar white males and Walmart moms). The bloc that listens to fox news and finds Palin god-fearing, hard-working and hot. McCain and team are counting on them. The question is, how many of them are out there?

Anonymous said...

are you sure that's not sarah palin some 2 years ago?

gawker said...

robroy : I think she is aware that words are leaving her mouth but that's about it.

lekhni : Yes, sometimes I wish I wasn't an elite. But then I wonder what I would do when I had to tie my shoelaces.

dilip : Yes, don't you kinda miss the Bush years now?

anonymous : Sure you can. And once she's president, she'll probably build you a bridge from Alaska to Auckland.

meenu : At least 5 where I work. And according to robroy, I am not even in a blue-collar profession.

rukmani : Unless she competed for both Miss Alaska and Miss South Carolina which would surely have been a major issue brought up by democrats, I think she's not Palin.