Thursday, June 22, 2006

Slow week

It's been a slow week for blogging. I'm not getting the requisite 6 hours of sleep I need every night to keep my muse in a state of good health. Also it's too hot to write. My colleague starts to sneeze everytime I turn on the A/C.

Let's see if I can come up with anything on the fly. Ok, so they showed a number of those alien invasion movies on sunday. TNT had Mel Gibson protecting man-meat Joaquin Phoenix and his kids from poison gas spraying aliens in Signs and HBO was showing War of the worlds where Tom Cruise, for some unidentifiable reason, was trying to protect his daughter, irritating bitchy-ass snotball Dakota Fanning from the alien tripods. At first I didn't notice the significance. Then, I realized it was Father's Day. Ah, so that is how America honors its fathers on Father's day; by recognizing and showcasing their achievements in the field of intergalactic warfare. Was this funny? Probably not. Lets try something else.

Along with the religious leaders and the friendly savages at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, I sincerely believe that we are giving a lot of leeway to the waitering and the cooking staff of this planet. No, you can't afford to get the waiters mad, they say, after all they are in charge of the food, your food. Heck, doesn't matter if the waiter screams obscenities at you, or punches you in the face or dances barefoot on your naked belly as you lie writhing on the floor. You've just got to get up, dust yourself off and ask him if he enjoyed the dance and if he would like to dance on your back now, this time wearing high heels. You cannot even dream of criticizing his actions, because he might spit in your food. I am not aware of any other profession that has the power to hold mankind hostage in this fashion.

Imagine you're in a bus and you would really like to give the bus driver a piece of your mind but you hold yourself back because you say to yourself, heck, I gotta be nice to this guy or he might run me over after I get off. Would you think that? Fuck, no. Why, then, have the waiters and the cooks been given free reign to take the law into their own hands and deal with hostile customers by hockin' up the food? The situation has gotten so bad that it is now common wisdom now that if you displease the waiter, you have to leave the restaurant. What the fuck, man? When did we restaurant patrons get so soft and accepting? We need to take back our God-given right to a spit-free existence. There needs to be a grassroots movement. Waiters need to be made accountable for their actions. Is that too much to ask?

Any good? Probably not. I still need sleep.

4 comments:

zambezi said...

Not bad either. I got you in my dream last night. Wearing Salman's T shirt,tight black jeans and bottle thick glasses and standing by the roadside having a smoke. Thats all. You didnt have any other role in the dream.

gawker said...

Obviously you are not really putting in any discernible effort towards having more meaningful dreams. It almost seems like you are doing it just to conform with the rest of society. I don't even wear bottle glasses.

Are you interested in biking / canoeing this weekend? type "yes" if you are.

Anonymous said...

I once dreamt about him doing tricks on his bike infront of a cam corder, so he could record it and post the clip on his blog...
And the next half he was riding the same bike on a dry water bed and he had all his fans from this blog following him ..
Thats some crazy sh*t .
U could come to my place and canoe on the streets, we have floods ...

gawker said...

i think your rains gonna come here this weekend. no biking or canoeing this weekend i guess.