Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Great Flood of June 2006


This is a picture I snapped from my helicopter as I was flying to work today. As is obvious from the picture, due to all that water surrounding my office building, which happens to be the one at seven o' clock, there was no space for me to land. So I had to fly back home without doing a single minute of work. Oh, the horror.

They say all the rivers in this area are gonna continue to rise through tonight and tomorrow. Let us hope Noah didn't forget to pack the camels. We will be needing them once all this is over. Camel meat is delicious or so they say.

4 comments:

RobRoy said...

Is that your McDonnell Douglas MD 900 series helicopter, or your Sikorsky S-92?

Great picture by the way. We you using a Kodak, Nikon or Minolta digital?

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I can't see your subway and Indian restaurant in the picture!

How about the Indian restaurant owner? And all his lambs? I hope they survive this deluge so that they can be roganjosh-ed another day.

Believe me, camel roganjosh won't taste the same. I'm a vegetarian, but a camel looks very different from a lamb to me.

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was bust?

J.A.P.

gawker said...

robroy : If I told you i would be providing comfort to the terrorists.

jk : They are actually out of range. Not out of the water though

patrix : I guess they walk into the restaurant with two camels and walk out with one.

JAP : If I had a chevy, the chevy would probably go bust and then I would have to walk to the levee. In this case, luckily, I didn't have a chevy or a levee. A rogue creek ran riot.