Monday, June 12, 2006

Great poor joke and a greater poorer corollary

From Zoo Station :

Q. What do you get when you cross Lee Iacocca with Dracula?

A. Autoexec.bat


From the comments section :

I wonder if anybody pointed out the math flaw in the joke?
Technically if you CROSS the two you should get a sine(theta) ie |autoexec||bat|sine(theta). Thus you want the answer to have a DOT in it ie |autoexec||bat|cos(theta) then you have to multiply by tan(theta) so that the cosines cancel.

Thus the mathematically correct answer to the riddle is AUTOEXEC.BAT tan(theta)

3 comments:

Kowshic said...

Slapped my head so loudly that a co-worker is amused...

RobRoy said...

I would have laughed, but I didn't get it. So instead, I just scratched my head. I'm pleased to report that my head feels better.

Deepak Shenoy said...

Where do you store all these jokes?

A: The "boot" sector.