Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A wild game to kill an idle spring afternoon

Catch all the grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and stupidity in this article and win a trip to Africa where you will be able to frolic with wild wetty animals. Read with color-blind goggles first. For answers, remove goggles and read again. To make the game interesting, every time the word "wild" appears in the article, drink a shot of Jack Daniels and slap yourself with hawaii chappals.

Don't forget the key :
grammatical error
stupidity
wild
spelling mistake
Wild Wetty Dreams

Being a celeb doesn't accomplish all your dreams. One still desire for more. And specially when it comes to something wild and romantic, our actors dream like anyone else.

Once being abreast of wildest romantic dream of some of them, you will realise that they are like us. Diana Hyden, a beauty with brains thinks of forest, wild animal and her sweetheart.

Says she, "My wild romantic dream is to get married in a different style. I want to get married somewhere in a forest in Africa. As you know African forest are dense and you have deadliest of creatures there. I dream of wild animals all around me. I think this one dream I will ever want to get fulfilled."

Even Priyanka Chopra has something mushy in her wild dreams as she says, "In fact I love all religions and communities so I have a very wild dream to get married each time in accordance with each community's rituals. I love to dress like a Punjbai bride, Christian babe, a beautiful parsi girl and like other communities' bride.

So I love to get married to a man in several times in several ways. I have a great desire for marriage rituals of all communities.

And I want to experience all of that. If possible I will tell my husband-to-be to marry me as many times as possible so that I will enjoy the traditions of as many communities as possible."

Bollywood hunks also think wild and something out-of-the world. For Dino Morea wild romantic dream would be an isolated island and lots of Hollywood hot and sexy babes like Jennifer Lopez, Charlize Theron and some Bollywood babes like Aishwarya Rai. Says he, "I wish this dream of being with all these girls on a lonely island would come true one day."


Update : Apparently someone took the time to proof-read the article and make a few much-needed corrections. Although it's still not syntactically perfect (one kinda gets the impression that the proof-reader got about halfway through the article then said fuck it), one does not have to jump through hoops of comprehension any more in order to get its gist. Hey, it's a good thing I copied the entire thing verbatim, yeah?

Update2 : Just in case the Hindustan Times decides to eliminate this festering pimple of an article from the buttock of its journalistic pride by deleting it altogether, let us immortalize it for posterity by copy pasting the new version in its entirety on this blog. This will allow future generations to read it and recognize the vital importance of taking Proof-Reading 101 before embarking upon a career in journalism.

Wild Wetty Dreams version 2.0

Wild Witty Dreams

Celebrities do not dream differently. Their wild and romantic dreams are the same as of any other person.

Talk to Diana Hayden, the former Miss World, and you would know she dreams about a forest, wild animals and her to be love.

Says she, "My wild romantic dream is to get married in a different style. I want to get married somewhere in a forest in Africa. As you know, African forests are dense and you have deadliest of creatures there. I dream wild animals all around me. I wish I could fulfil this dream."

Even Priyanka Chopra has something unique in her wild dreams as she says, "I love all religions and communities. So, I dream of getting married in accordance with each rituals of various communities. I love to dress up like a Punjabi bride, Christian babe, a beautiful Parsi girl and like brides of other communities.

"So, I love to get married to the same man several times in different way. If possible I will tell my husband-to-be to marry me as many times as possible so that I will enjoy the traditions of as many communities as possible."

Bollywood hunks are no different. Dino Morea dreams of spending time in an isolated island with lots of hot and sexy babes from Hollywood like Jennifer Lopez, Charlize Theron and some also India beauty Aishwarya Rai. He says, "I wish this dream of being with all these girls on a lonely island would come true one day."


Update3 : Hey ho and away she goes. And away she went, the article, not to be found at her old url. The HT will no longer cater to connoisseurs of wild wetty stuff. But thank God for resourcefulness. Mine.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much for beauty with brains. I would like to see them engage in the act of wedding among a pride of lions without peeing their collective pants (and gowns).
-naveen.

RobRoy said...

Says me, my wild, wetty dream is to win for $1 million and a dessert aisle land like "The Swiss Robinson Family."

shakester said...

incredible. i'm speechless.
this is the Hindustan Times . yikes.
O goosy one, who ploughs through these (publications), hats off..

Anonymous said...

yikes!!

gawker said...

naveen : Actually peeing in your pants would be a good way to keep lions away. Wild animals are known to be averse to the scent of human urine.

robroy : why would you need 1 million on an aisle land with dessert unless there is something you can by there

nocturne : I wonder what would happen if they got a man on wednesday. They would probably have to come up with a nickname for him. Wednesday is a tiresome name to say repeatedly.

shakester : thank you. I read HT so you don't have to.

anjlai : exactly.

RobRoy said...

Hey, it's my wetty dream. Don't be jealous just because you didn't come up with a better one!

Anonymous said...

@Gawker

So, HT is catching up with TOI. Nice!

And these two are among our ''best'' newspapers! Heh!

CruciFire said...

ROTFL... totally hilarious..wotever hpnd to the good ol' journalists/newspapers where language and quality was paramount... our print media is going to the dogs..or shud it be 'WILD' dogs.. :)

gawker said...

confused : sure, who reads newspapers anyways except to enjoy articles like these. for everything else, there's always the internet

crucifire : after journalists started blogging, they had to get bloggers to fill in for journalists, I guess.

greatbong said...

Gawker yes indeed. Thank you for having copied that marvellous bit of prose so that we can keep on reading it for ever. Without this, my post on the same topic would have ceased to make sense (if indeed the word "sense" can be used anywhere in this context).

gawker said...

grestbong : hehe you're welcome. yes we dont want this mighty work of literature to be lost in the mists of time. And yes the word sense might only be used in this case only as long as it's part of the word "nonsense".

Aditya said...

i saw this yesterday... thankyouthankyouthankyou for copy pasting it in its original livery! It wouldve been lost forever!

Anonymous said...

The article's simply hilarious..feels like going thru it again and again...Thanks for copy pasting and highlighting the odds....

Nirav said...

Wow... what an article... but surprisingly in your analysis i see very few green spots. I think anything which is not red, yellow or blue should be green

gawker said...

aditya, carey : You are welcome. I look upon it as as public service.

nirav : that's true. actually there is one instance though where the writer actually did a good job. He / she used apostrophes correctly (communities' where many people would have used communitie's). You've got to appreciate proper punctuation.

Anonymous said...

You have to hand it to HT. Take a look at this. Corporate lady????

http://sulekha.com/news/nhc.aspx?cid=450586

procrastinator said...

i didn't know that i would be missing out on such good stuff if i didn't bother reading the paper.

Anonymous said...

i love ur color scheme

kumarldh said...

I is the also wanting to be a journo. I am the confident now I can apply the my application to HT. Wish me the best of the Luck.