Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Actual things

Actual things I've said :

To CEO of the last company I worked for in his house on Turkey Hill road : "So, like, are we on a hill right now?"

To a cop who pulled me over doing 75 in a 45 mph zone : "Officer, I was speeding because I wanted to catch the light before it turned red."

Actual things I've seen on the news :

NBC news teaser : "A body was found in a local cemetery. Police are still investigating."

ABC news teaser : "In breaking news, a local woman gave birth on the Vine Street Expressway. Our camera crew went behind the scenes to investigate."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

75 in 45 eh? beats my 60 in 30, or does it?
-naveen

Anonymous said...

"Officer, I was speeding because I wanted to catch the light before it turned red."

Did he buy it ?

I bet he would have if you were a blonde (and a member of the opposite sex).

Local news teasers (and the news itself) are the funniest things on TV other than Stewardt/Colbert.

gawker said...

He didn't buy it. In fact, he got so pissed that he gave my friend in the backseat who was whispering at me to shut the hell up a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Never seen anyone get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt in a backseat before or after that episode.

RobRoy said...

I thought the driver got the ticket for people not wearing a seatbelt. Or maybe that's only in the magical land of Pennsylvania.

gawker said...

robroy : yes it must be the magic of pennsylvania. but wait this happened in massachusetts. They are crazy people up there anyways.

nocturne : Goddamnit. yes i believe i missed a golden opportunity to sic the hell out of this place.