Thursday, May 18, 2006

Podcasting

If you walk into a meeting and no one laughs at you, it means that the toilet paper you deliberately stuck to the bottom of your shoe got detached and came off somewhere between the restroom and the conference room. Go back and do that bit once more.

Oh, and also, if anyone knows anything about podcasting, let me know. As in, the headachery involved in putting up a wave / MP3 file in a streaming format on this blog. I know it's probably not hard for me to google a bit and dig up the requisite information by myself but getting the audience involved, that's called showmanship. For example, look at rock or rap concerts. The lead singer / rapper keeps requesting us in the audience every once in a while to stand up and clap our hands and make some noise. Sometimes he asks us to "wave our hands in the air like we just don't care". And not only do we willingly wave our hands in the air and stop caring, we even erupt into paroxysms of pleasure as we indulge in this act of extraordinary futility. I don't know if it's our inherent inferiority complex which rejoices in our new-found societal acceptance when the big celebrity onstage speaks directly to us or if it's something else entirely.

In any case, people, please stand up, clap your hands, wave your hands in the air like you just don't care and find me some podcasting info. Thank you please.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use Audacity to record and edit. Works on quite a few platforms. Intuitive. Download Audacity. The first time you record and try to save as an mp3, it will ask you for a Lame Encoder. Download that from here.

So now you can record mp3s.

Now to upload and save this stuff. I use Archive.org to store your mp3s and stream link them from the blog. Feel free to shoot more questions.

Anonymous said...

Correction: I use it to store MY mp3s!

gawker said...

neha : gah, too late. I already destroyed my apartment while checking for hidden recording devices. But thanks a bunch for the info. Appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Ggrr. Here I was hoping that you would overcome your sarcasm and treat us to sound - even if it is the cracking of a goose egg.

Damn!

zambezi said...

my head is hurting.