Monday, February 06, 2006

Big TV

I went out this saturday and bought a great big TV. A huge fat fucker of a tv. It is a Sony High-def 55 inches LCD projection TV. My sister will probably yell at me because when I went to India, she made me sign a notarized agreement that I would only buy a TV with DLP technology. The TV I bought doesn't have DLP. I don't know what the 55 inches stand for : height, width, diagonal length or the sum total in length of the cock I'm gonna have to blow in the back alleys of Philadelphia in order to pay for the damn thing. In short, it was pretty goddamn expensive.

So I went to Circuit City and was lurking around trying to determine which model to buy. Making a choice isn't that hard, you know. I think what the Circuit City TV mafia does is to fuck up all the picture settings in the less expensive models so that they all look like shit. So you either have the choice of buying a cheaper TV whose crappiness you can visually attest to, or that superb awesome crystal clear expensive model, the sale of which should boost the US economy all by itself.

Another thing that's funny is how whichever TV you finally settle on, the salesguy always seems to have owned it at some point in his life. It's like, boy, this guy goes through a lot of TVs. What's he, a serial TV abuser? Shouldn't he be in jail?

So finally I bought it and was promised that it would be delivered to my apartment before the Superbowl. I got up early sunday morning to assemble the TV stand so that it would be ready before the new TV was delivered. In a couple of hours I had the stand ready and waiting. With one problem. I had assembled it inside out. Basically I had assembled it in such a way that the ugly brown plywood side was outside while the cool grey side was inside.

But anyways, fuck the stand, I love this TV. This TV is so humongous that it takes up an entire wall of my apartment. It's like owning my own movie theater. I watched the Superbowl yesterday on this TV and I swear, the picture was so clear that I could see the spinach sticking out of the teeth of individual crowd members. The next few days should be fun as I spend my life in front of the box.

12 comments:

zambezi said...

how much you paid for it? send me an e mail. also, do you like it? i want to buy one sometime next month

Vee Cee said...

we-ell! its been nice knowing your blog!

Anonymous said...

There goes your crappy car.
So anyways nows the time to hookup UT and get some fine headshots Dirtbag !

gawker said...

zambezi mail me i have en email all written out with nowhere to go cause i dont have your address.

vc does it mean you're leaving?

gawker said...

slime i play UT 2004 nowadays. i played all weekend.

zambezi said...

YOU HAVE TAKEN MY E MAIL ADD ATLEAST 3 TIMES IN THE PAST YEAR. fuck you by the way and when was the last time you ever called me?

gawker said...

ok i will call you and tell you about the tv this year.

Deepak Shenoy said...

slugfight! go zambezi! go gawker!

55 inches. the only thing that you can blow, of that size, is a woman. not that she's complaining.

i got myself a 48 inch projection tv a couple years back. it figured in my annual tax return as "dumbass bankruptcy attempt". But I couldn't see the spinach in the teeth of the superbowlers (that include Shoib Akhtar?) because a) it isn't HD and b) we don't know what the fuck the superbowl is.

Anonymous said...

you lucky lucky sod

Vee Cee said...

I figured, now that you have this big-ass LCD TV, you may not find time to blog!

Anonymous said...

jealous.
thats all.

gawker said...

I think being able to make people jealous of the tv is part of the package.