Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bought

I just purchased my first stock. It has already gone up by 0.3 points. I am now officially "dabbling in the stock market". I am an investor. I shall attend board meetings and clap like a maniac as Michael Douglas preaches the virtues of being greedy. I will also have live streaming quotes on my computer and install a second monitor on my desk. I shall use this one for doing work. Soon I will be rich, at least, till somebody flies something into something else or a large number of somebodies buy a large number of somethings they can't afford and then have to pay for them.

But that time is not today. Today we shall feast on the finest foods and wine, the best that, let's see, a 100 dollars can buy. No wait, 90 dollars. Actually, it's 80 now. You know what, let's just postpone this celebration for later.

10 comments:

zambezi said...

did you buy what we spoke about?

gawker said...

Yes that's exactly what i bought.

Anonymous said...

ah. let me know when u do celebrate then.

Jitterplate said...

I LOVE your blog. I just wish you would keep writing and writing and writing and fill up all my spare time (I have lots of it) so I could be happy without having to do anything.

gawker said...

rukmani : Sorry no celebration. My stock dropped 2 points and my confidence a hundred points.

snickersnee : Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

ok dont tell us what stock u bought but tell us which one talked about ?

- AD

gawker said...

We talked about the one I bought. To narrow it down some more, it is the one that is currently below the price I bought it for.

gawker said...

Are you buying, by the way? And how is the new home?

Anonymous said...

i've been buying for couple years actually .. so with the current market conditions i'm about 50% down hehe

house is good, i am probably responsible for the couple point gain on lowes :)

last sunday i saw 5 squirrels and about 6 exotic birds and bunch of sparrows in my backyard, totally partying out. .. i should charge them

AD

gawker said...

Ah Lowes, yes. I am also one who is putting food on the family of their employees. Perhaps its a good time to buy Lowes stock.

For the birds, you should get a bird feeder. Also from Lowes. And after I buy Lowes stock.