Tuesday, July 01, 2008

comment

Quite possibly the best comment I have ever received on this blog. An alternative explanation of "maadi" from an anonymous commenter :

"in punjabi " maa-di" has a very different connotation. The correct usage is "teri maa-di". It can be used to start as well as end arguments. It can also be used in the middle of an argument just before fistcuffs replace vocal cords. It is a very versatile phrase and can also be adapted to other situations - greeting, salutation, frustrations. But mostly it is a a unhappy and angry phrase, that blames 'yo mamma' for all that is wrong in this world."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!!! fame. No fortune tho. Can you send me some money for the comment. Or for any of my previous ones. please. I promised myself I'd survive on my wits, and now I am starving.

S

Unknown said...

ROTFL indeed! enjoy maadi
;)

Jeet said...

Too much.. I guess this guy also told Bhajji about this one when he used a similar phrase against symonds.

Kimberly El-Sadek said...

Aha...similar to the 'teri ma ki' insults of which there are endless versions of :)