Friday, July 04, 2008

Cave Creek Chili Beer

I think I finally found my beer. It is called Cave Creek Chili Beer. It combines the two loves of my life which are beer and spice. This is a spicy beer. I mean, it is actually spicy as in chili hot. The beer bottle itself contains a chili pepper hanging around in the beer like a drunken worm. I love the taste of this beer. Many a times have I wondered how to get drunk and satisfy the spice sensors on my tongue, both at the same time. I tried downing tequila shots followed by a spoonful of Andhra style hot lime pickle, but it did not hit the spot as I had hoped. Something seemed to be amiss. But when I drank this beer, the spot that had not been previously hit was not just hit, but blown into shreds. This beer helped me achieve my objective of getting spicily drunk. I like this beer and if you are Indian, Mexican or ancient Incan, you will like this beer too. The evil snobs at Ratebeer.com appear to think that it is a cruel joke perpetrated on the beer loving community by the Mexican mafia and are quite vehement in their criticism of this product. One guy even noted that the beer bottle contains "some sediment, perhaps dirt and chili pepper particles". I am sure the same guy would waste no time in praising a Belgian manufactured beer as "being earthy", and since we know that the earth is mostly composed of dirt and chili pepper particles, it would be a classic example of double standards.

But anyways, the long and the short of it is that I liked this beer. Go get some and let me know if you like it too.

PS : I forgot to mention that the motto of the brewery is "We drink all we can and sell the rest".

Also, do not eat the drunk chili pepper worm inside the bottle. It tastes like Sir Francis Drake's corpse.

14 comments:

Anurag said...

I want. :(

Anonymous said...

Thanks, dude. Will check it out during the long weeekend.

Anonymous said...

Spicy beer! Sounds very tasty. Where do you get it - a friend of mine is travelling from phily to our place next week, will ask him to get some!

Anonymous said...

Will have to try and find this at the 'bottle shops'.

Btw, have you tried marinading your tequila/vodka with hot peppers for about a week or two ?

Else try the tequila shots with a spicy sangrita mix.

gawker said...

anurag : It is easy to make. Just send Vijay Mallya a sackful of chillies and ask him to marinate them in Kingfisher for a coupel of months.

confused : All the best. Dont eat the chili pepper though.

supremus : you probably wont get it in a regular beer store. Try a specialty beer store. PA has a lot of those.

bongo : I havent tried it and its a damn good idea. Apparently there's also something called "pepper vodka" where you marinate vodka with peppercorns which makes it spicy.

what the heck is sangrita? wait let me go to the wiki.

Anonymous said...

Wow. must try. and great ideas in the comments too. can you give us the name of the brewery you got this from?

Anonymous said...

gawker: Also try this particular recipe for sangrita: http://www.jeffreymorgenthaler.com/2008/how-to-make-sangrita/

Partho said...

Mucho gracias folks! Thanks to Bongo's idea, I've added some chili peppers into a bot of Vodka. I check on it everyday to see they're looking like dead worms yet. Will report when I get around to taste the stuff.
As re the beer, I can't really wait to sell the idea to Vijay Mallya. Would somebody know where to get bottle sealing equipment?

RobRoy said...

Not being Mexican, Indian or an ancient Incan, but rather Scottish, what beer would you recommend for me?

Keep in mind, I have recently been enamoured of the Chimay Blue, made by the Chimay Trappist Monks. After all, what says faith better than 9% ABV?

Anonymous said...

How do you know what a corpse tastes like?
Can't get the beer here in Aus. :(

Anonymous said...

crave new blog post

Anonymous said...

showing the family around? where are you taking them?

zambezi said...

having fun popatlal? you seem to be busy. call me when you find the time. hope all is well.

RobRoy said...

Another vote for an update.