Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Stocks

I learnt today that the stock market in the US will be diving along its nose in the next three days. I heard this from a reliable source. Some Indian guy who was sitting in the table next to mine in the restaurant. He looked like a stockbroker because he had hair parted in the middle even though he was bald. That takes a devil-may care attitude which embodies a typical stockbroker. Perhaps you should heed his advice and start selling off your portfolio starting today afternoon like he was and no, I don't want any stocks. But don't do it all at once. We do not want the market to collapse. At least, not yet. I will let you know when it is the proper time. The tandoori chicken was delicious.

5 comments:

RobRoy said...

I'm not a stockbroker, but I too have a devil-may-care attitude, and in the spirit of devil-may-cares everywhere, I'm gonna hold my stocks. I may even buy additional stocks!

Vivek Kumar said...

Thanks for the tip! I didn't want to wait for your next tip, so I just sold all my stock. I do all my trading based on informed tips ;-)

gawker said...

robroy : Yours is a fine American spirit fit to be commended and glorified through a campaign video featuring the reddish pillars of Utah in the distant horizon.

But when Wall Street knocks on your door asking for your housekeys, don't come to me saying I didn't tell you so.

vivek : Always trust the financial advice of a fellow Indian filling himself up with gulab jamuns for that state of content is when he is most vulnerable.

Also, I am guessing it was robroy who purchased your stock, so I am glad to see that on the whole, the net economic calamity about to befall this blog will be canceling itself out.

Partho said...

Looks like Rob is winning. Exactly how bald was your parted-hair fellow? Did he have a pointy head too?

gawker said...

partho : He was pretty bald but he had a flat head. It looked like the weight of the stock market had flattened his skull.