Thursday, September 20, 2007

Vitamins

The question isn't why Diet Coke came up with Diet Coke Plus which contains vitamins and minerals, but why it took Coke or anyone else such a long time to come up with this idea. I say put vitamins in everything, why not? They already have this thing called vitamin water for people who were reluctant to drink water and needed an incentive other than the certain onset of acute dehydration and cessation of all bodily functions. So my question is, why is everything else in life still vitamin-free?

How about vitamin fries? Vitamin-infused McDonald's double cheeseburger value meals? If you are going to eat and drink crap anyways, wouldn't you eat and drink more crap if you knew that there was at least some crap in all that crap that wasn't as crappy as the rest of it? Put more vitamins in crap and people will buy more of your crap. Which part of "selling more crap" do you big corporations not understand?

It's not like vitamins are expensive. I have a bottle of One-a-Day which costs 25 bucks and contains 200 tablets. Grind half a tablet in a food processor, mix it in your product and you will be vitaminizing it with 50% required daily intake for just 6 cents. I just don't see what is wrong with this business model, people.

But that's just the beginning. I want vitamins to be in everything I ever come in contact with in my life. That's the only way I can be sure I'm living a healthy vitaminelicious life. I like the idea of vitamin-infused soap. I would buy it. Who wouldn't want to live in a world where getting soap in your eyes is actually healthy for you? Nothing could be more logical. And also vitamin-infused underwear for the Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohans of this world. No mother, I have a premiere to attend and I don't want to wear my undergarments. Wear them sweetheart, then you won't need to put soap in your eyes today.

5 comments:

RobRoy said...

One-a-Day vitamins are for suckers. They already have vitamin soap, shampoo and conditioner. Clearly you don't watch enough tv, or rather tv commercials advertising soap, shampoo and/or conditioner.

100rabh™ said...

I just wonder why your other blog has no comments section...but the tourerrism post was good

gawker said...

robroy : Man, don't you ever impugn my knowledge of tv commercials. I have spent half my waking adult life watching them and I can tell you right now that vitamin E is as much a real vitamin as ebonics is a real language.

100rabh : Thank you, and it does have a comments section. It's just that there are no comments.

KP said...

i'll tell u why

cause they taste shitty

also if they started to infuse everything with chemicals that give you a mild buzz.. YES, they would sell a whole lot

Anonymous said...

I don't think that your body really gets vitamins from things like Vitamin Water- I have always been under the impression that it is a marketing gimmick. Besides, that stuff has way too much sugar in it to even be remotely healthy. If you want extra vitamins, take a daily vitamin supplement!