Friday, December 01, 2006

Song of the day

Dayaghana by Suresh Wadkar

Original song here.

Excellent, excellent cover of this song by another artist that I found on the internet here.

Listening to this song always, as we say in marathi, "erects a thorn on the body". Translated into English, it basically means that the song gives you goose pimples. The song is composed in Raaga Poorvi. Since I already have an Indian classical music post this week, I will postpone my reverent paean for this raaga to some other time.

5 comments:

RobRoy said...

I don't think this is a good song. Sorry.

gawker said...

robroy : you will sway to whatever song i ask you to.

Patrix said...

Thanks for the link. Nice hearing Wadkar after a long time.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm a lil depressin, but its beautiful! Goes so with the weather outside right now, at my place...u know the quite period after the rain has just fallen?

Gotta ask dad for the translation of this song...

gawker said...

patrix : no problem, happy to share my homesickness with you.

chips : yeah, it's a great song. And thanks for the translation (if that was you)