Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Morality

I really hate you. But I won't kill you because :

Hindu gawker : I'll be born as a rat in my next incarnation, which would suck because I am lactose intolerant and claustrophobic. Oh, if I could only digest dairy products and tolerate closed spaces!

Christian gawker : Much as I would love to, I do not have the authority. I would rather wait for our Lord, the Christ, to return to earth on judgment day and have his way with your sorry ass. I hope spiked dildos are involved. It should be fun.

Muslim gawker : It's Ramadan today and I am not allowed to kill you on Ramadan. Oh, I so wish it weren't Ramadan today. Could you meet me here again tomorrow, you think?

Buddhist gawker : Killing you would give me great pleasure, but since pleasure only leads to suffering, it would hamper my quest for a permanent state of enlightenment or Nirvana, even though I believe Soundgarden was in fact the best 90s Seattle-based band.

Jain gawker : My religion forbids me from harming living beings. You are alive, aren't you? Maybe if you pretended you weren't breathing for a second so I could tell people I didn't know you were alive and then I could jump up and down on your face.....Godamnit, you're breathing again. Ah well, I'll just go shoot a pillow instead. Oh wait, I can't, there's probably a bacterial colony living on it. Motherfuck!

Atheist gawker : I won't kill you because a> it wouldn't be a nice thing to do, b> It's against the law and c> Maintaining the integrity of this law is essential to my own survival.

8 comments:

ggop said...

Reading Christopher Hitchens eh? :-)

gawker said...

Dammit will I ever have an original idea ever?

arZan said...

No Parsi gawker. You hurt my religious sentiments. This partiality towards minorities shall not be tolerated. Waaaaar !

Kiran said...

Brilliant! I do have a favorite, but I wont mention it; lest I hurt the sentiments of that particular religion :P

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice post and an awesome blog! Adding you to my blogroll...keep writing!

Unknown said...

and no sardar gawker either! so hate ya!

gawker said...

arzan : I was too lazy to look up Parsi beliefs on the wiki. But I'm sure they can't be more ridiculous than those of the big 4.

Kiran : Ah but this is a hurt-free zone. Feel free to ridicule any religion here.

theantisensestrand : Thank you, appreciate it.

ms : I am sorry to admit, I forgot about Sikhism. So many possibilities. Perhaps at a later time.

KP said...

yes

SoundGarden
AIC
STP (not from seattle)
Temple Of the Dog
Mother Love Bone
Foo Fighters
MudHoney
Screaming Trees
Pearl Jam
Mad Season
Green River


Seattle in the 90's

the grunge

Nirvana: Please fuck off, you're not welcome in the list, although it was only dave grohl's drumming that can be given credit to all their extremely lame songs