Thursday, November 13, 2008

Amazon review

Oh you fickle amazon.com review raters, why won't you like my review? Only three out of four of you found my latest review useful. What about you, fourth rater-guy? In what way did my review displease you? Did I not say enough times that the game I was reviewing was awesome? Did I not inform you that the weapons were awesome? I even touched upon the awesomeness of the maps and how the atmosphere of the game was awesome and how the dualshock 3 controller added even more awesome to the pre-existing awesome of the game. And finally, just so as not to leave you wondering, hmm, I wonder if this reviewer thought this game was awesome, I even titled my review, "AWESOME!!!!".

So how come you didn't find my review awesome? You must be hard to please, little man.

So I was going through my old amazon.com reviews that I appear to have written about eight years ago and I was shocked at the quality of my writing. It turns out that there was a time when not only did I spell the word "rocks" as "rox" and "sucks" as "sux", but I even flaunted those usages in public. Also, I appear at that point in my life to have subscribed to the mindset that typing "r" instead of " are", "u" instead of "you", "wud" instead of "would", "cud" instead of "could, "wot" instead of "what" and "mebbe" instead of the word "maybe" could result in tremendous time savings. Additionally, it is also clear that I used to belong to the Sarah Palin line of thinking which heartily recommends getting rid of the "g" at the end of every progressive verb, thus leading to a number of "freakin"s, "makin"s and "killin"s in my writing. You know, I am now thinking that my decision to remain oblivious of this blogging business right upto the crack of 2005 was probably a good one on my part.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

omg u were one of those?

gawker said...

Indeed. It is my shame to admit and cross to bear. I shall however chalk it up to youthful indiscretion.

Anonymous said...

have you bought COD 5 yet?

S

Anonymous said...

mebee al it tuk waz time 4 u 2 realize dis

Anonymous said...

u ain't gonna let go of Sarah Palin r ya?

Anonymous said...

And don't tell me you spelt come as cum.. that would have been a grave-er sin.....

gawker said...

S : It is funny you should mention that because that was indeed the review I was typing.

Rukmani : ah good times.

Lonestar : Was I gonna? Oh, I appear to have said so in an earlier post. Damnit.

Karthik : Yes, I had to constantly keep myself from typing that. Finally, I just gave up and became a discount erotic novel author.