Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wax

I don't know if someone has already been through what I am about to narrate, or if someone has already pretended to have been through what I am about to narrate, just because what I am about to narrate is such an obvious thing to have happened and if it hasn't yet happened to anyone, I would be extremely surprised, but I will still narrate it regardless. So I was sitting on a bench in Madame Tussaud's wax museum in New York resting my back on which the weight of the world rests. And I saw this woman walk up to me and she stood there subjecting me to intense scrutiny for a while and then got startled out of her wits when I looked up at her and she said, "Wow, you had me fooled there".

If this story had not actually happened to me, I would have made it up anyways so basically, I don't know if other people have already made it up and recited it to other people, thus reducing the humor content of it, but in this case, it actually did happen to me so in my opinion, keeping that in mind, I feel that this episode certainly merits a few chuckles from you.

Thank you in advance.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

chuckle chuckle...

i came to ur blog to see if you had anything to say about Jr. Dutt going to prison...dont ask why...but yeah...

Karthik Sriram said...

I've heard different varieties of this one - though you claim this to be a "true" account!

LKS

jkonglat said...

hehe, a long time ago, my brother tugged on the coat tails of a policeman at Mdm Tussauds in London :) - we were a little startled to say the least.

Bombay Addict said...

For the record, it's neither happened to me nor have I heard it.

So - ha ha. Actually more like guahaha.

Anonymous said...

thats funny, did u ask her who she thought u were ?
i might visit the museum on labor day weekend ..

Oracle said...

yeah precisly whom did she took/mistook you for?!
ha ha

Anonymous said...

i thought only celebrities got turned into wax? Which one do you look like? i can chuckle only after i know that.

zambezi said...

anjali,
he looks like this sindhi business man wearing a topi and white lungi-popatlal. now you might be able to laugh.

Sujatha Bagal said...

Yes, that did merit a few chuckles.

RobRoy said...

Our friend *IS* a celebrity. Remember he was in the running for funniest blog. He lost, but he was in the running.

gawker said...

chips : Yes I am sad for Munnabhai. Not so sad for Sanjay Dutt, though.

karthik : It is true. If you can't trust an anonymous online persona, pray who can you trust?

jkonglat : Was the policeman shocked to see the wax boy move?

BA : Thank you, I wish there were more unquestioning chucklers in this world like you.

bhad, oracle, anjali : I think that's what she was trying to find out, which celebrity I was. In the end, I turned out to be George Clooney.

zambezi : Thank you for removing laughter obstructions for my readers.

sujatha : Thank you.

robroy : Yes, like they say in India, I came first from the other end.

sunshine : Actually, I think it's more to do with the waxy hue of my skin.