Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm no Truman

If, unknown to me, I were really the centerpiece of a theatrical production that revolved entirely around my life, rather than just being one of the billions of humans crawling on this planet, would it make sense for the producers of my life to keep airing "The Truman Show" every day on TBS? Wouldn't the constant bombardment of this movie on my conscious kinda make me think about the possibility of everything in my life being a sham?

But maybe that's what's supposed to happen. Maybe this is that penultimate phase of the show where, after watching the movie a hundred times, I finally come to realize the lie that my own life is. And finding out that I am not really me is an intentional part of this production. Maybe this is the part where the storyline dictates that I sail out to sea and find a gigantic wall where the horizon is supposed to be. Maybe it is time now for the show to end due to my sponsors backing out. I'm pretty sure my ratings are in the gutter. I'm not sure if I even have a viewership anymore. I haven't had anything exciting happen to me in a long time. The camera hates a slump.

But fuck it, even if this is just an illusion, let it be. I'm too lazy to disturb the status quo. If they want to end my life, they are gonna have to cancel it themselves. They are gonna have to climb down from their cabin in the moon and let me know it's been good knowing me and all that crap, but it's time for them to move on and let me out into the real world. In fact I am a bit curious as to how they are gonna broach the topic. I am also curious as to the nature of the real world. It should be interesting. But as I said, I won't take the initiative myself. I'm no Truman. I'm content in my inertia.

4 comments:

Arthur Quiller Couch said...

You're funny, but this one was a little weird.

You could watch Bluffmaster and give us your take on that one. Btw, if Preity Zinta were goosing you, would you give a damn which side of your ass is getting more?

gawker said...

Thanks nobody.
Arthur : It wil probably be a year till I watch another hindi movie. That is when my hindi movie store will recieve a copy. But once I get it, the review will follow.

zambezi said...

dont lose your mind on me. i will personally come over and bitch slap you

gawker said...

No market for some existential philosophy? Okay then.