Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Indibloggie winners (in short)

On this momentous occasion of the 2008 or 2009 (who the hell knows or cares) Indibloggie winners being declared, I have compiled my own list of winners in categories I have created myself because they make more sense. To me. I shall be curt because I'm in a hurry and I'm doing this now because I haven't posted anything for a while and this would be a good way to write something without having to spend a lot of time thinking about it.

So here are your winners:

1.> Most useful blog : Patrix. Also very useful, his twitter feed. Always learn something new from him. He is always the first one to answer any technical question you might throw out in the twitterverse. Go forth and drink deeply from the fount of his wisdom.

2.> Most honest blog : TGFI. She is not trying to impress anybody. She is honest. She is all of you. Except of course, those among you who are dishonest.

3.> Blog most likely to make you an alcoholic : Bongopondit. He will most likely make you an alcoholic. Worse, he will utilize a wide variety of liquors towards that endeavour, thereby making you a destitute for life. If you don't already drink, save yourself and stay away.

4.> Blog most likely to force you to revise your opinion of yourself as being master of the English language and other fine stuff : J. Alfred Prufrock. He will force you to revise your opinion of yourself as being master of the English language and other fine stuff by the simple process of out-mastering you.

5.> Funniest blog : Neo Indian. This is humor done right. And, according to reputable sources namely him, he is also good looking. Something else that is as funny, his twitter feed.

6.> Most cutting edge Indian political commentary blog with a bite: Overrated Outcaste. His skewering skills are second to none.

7.> Lifetime achievement award : The Acorn. India is serious business. And nobody's been at it longer and better than has Nitin Pai.

And those are your winners. Congratulations to everybody. Good night folks, and have a safe drive.

16 comments:

RukmaniRam said...

too true

Unknown said...

Muchly flattered. Please do provide evidence of claims about funny guy who is also good looking guy at one and the same time. I am going to start writing to impress him from now on.

Nitin said...

Thanks for your kind words!

Patrix said...

Appreciate the kind words. You may be the rare few who still reads my blog but I'll take any compliments I get :)

NeoIndian definitely gives you a run for your money in the funniest blog dept. but you still are numero uno. Sadly, I've to now rely on your tweets and not your blog for my daily dose of mirth. Wait a minute! Was this post meant to be funny?

Anonymous said...

Agree about Neo. Haven't read the rest and Acorn - hmm, not sure.

Unknown said...

i nominate you, category? "most profound"

neo said...

I'm going to second @Patrix and demand more frequent blog posts, or at least a complete refund of our subscription fees!

-Neo
PS: @Acorn totally rules.

Anonymous said...

awesome choice. and awesome blog. really enjoy reading it...
and i second neo.

Anonymous said...

Twitter killed his blog !!
AD

KP said...

the neo indian blog is completely unfunny and unreadable

the others are cool

Over Rated said...

Heh! Thanks for the accolades and the Colbert-esque bump in web traffic!

Also, does this mean that now I have to think of newer jokes?

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Hot damn! My wife's no longer the only person who appreciates my blog!

Hang on ... you haven't married me recently, have you?

J.A.P.

Anonymous said...

With great pleasure.

Sayan said...

Hey, Thanks a lot for all these links! Read quite a few interesting posts all morning!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
manisha sharma said...

hey , nice blog , like it ,
won't be nice if i u can clickover to my blog page too ,
& post some suggestion