Friday, December 05, 2008

anomaly

I get the following email from my colleague :

"Gawker....there's something strange about this function in the code....Did you write it?"

I go through the function and it's in a file that I usually stay clear of. So I reply to that effect, saying no, it's probably not mine. Colleague then sends out an email to my boss, asking her if she wrote the function.

A few minutes later, my boss replies, "The comments to the function contain the word 'anomaly'. That's not a word I usually use."

Colleague mails me, "You know what, I don't even know what anomaly means. So I'm sure it isn't my function either."

Sure enough, it turns out to be my function. Now I have been instructed to use the word "anomaly" in the comments of every function I ever write. Digital urine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...such weasals :D
Blogging improves ur English writing skills and vocab....tell em! :P

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Let me get this straight - WERE you discussing the convocation at that Southern seat of learning?
The fenction in Annamallaee?

J.A.P.

gawker said...

chips : Or perhaps it is software coding that does it.

JAP : Now that you mention it, I probably was. I hate vowel redundancy.