Saturday, July 01, 2006

Thank you

Thank you for not letting me know who won the Argentina Germany game. I was taping it on my DVR while I was at work. And no thanks to the DVR which recorded the regular game but didn't record overtime. Is it me or does Germany suck big time? The Argentina Germany game reminded me of my childhood football games when the only strategy involved was in kicking the ball towards the north pole. Or the south pole if you weren't actually playing for the team you thought you were. And the German players were running around as if they had Pink Floyd playing in their headsets. Chilled, relaxed, waiting for someone else to take charge of the ball and frequently it turned out to be the boys in blue. Hello Germany, I know PreOktober Fest is in full swing but c'mon, it's only a few more days and then you can guzzle all the malty goodness you want.

Personally I am rooting for Portugal. I am said to have a Goanese ancestry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If ARGENTINA woulda played right they might woulda beat US the germans!!!!



I guess you a bad loser too!!!!!!!!!


BERLIN WIR KOMMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't cry Argentina.......

Anonymous said...

TAHNK GOD we are better then the sorry USA Team -----------hahahahah any team is better then the US Team


GERMANY gooooooooooooooooooo

Anurag said...

I hope you know by now that Argentina lost. I disagree with you about Germany. In the last world cup, their only plan was to drive the ball down the flanks, shoot a cross and hope that Miroslav Klose's head followed Heisenberg's principle. This year, however, they have scored some nice field goals. I especially liked their equalizer against Argentina; that, my friend, was hours and hours of training, knowing that there had to be a man at the far post who could put the header into the net.

Anyway, enough said. Remember to record today's game. And, remember to write more. Not to me; on this post.

gawker said...

anurag : I don't know maybe it's the fact that I am watching soccer after a long time, and so don't remember if it was like this in the old days, but I haven't seen a single team play really great soccer, you know, except for France against Brazil. And in case of germany, there were a couple of times that they just stood there and let Argentina take the ball away. kinda lack lustre. also i was only talking about this particular game against argentina, not the rest of their games.

RobRoy said...

Ummm . . . what's with the virtriol against the US team?

gawker said...

I guess since I criticized the German team, some Germans took it upon themselves to criticize the US team, not knowing that I am unaffiliated to any team except God's.