Thursday, January 26, 2006

Strange coincidence

Yesterday, while blogsurfing, I found myself on Gaurav Sabnis's blog Vantage Point. While there, I got pissed off at a post of his which seemed to be attacking environmentalists for no apparent reason other than the fact that in this day and age it seems to be a fashionably libertarian thing to do. So, I wrote a post on it on my other blog. Now keep in mind that I'm not a regular reader of his blog. I only go there occasionally if any blogpage I am visiting happens to have a link to it.

So I wrote this post and then, after some random blogsurfing, arrived at a blog that I had never visited before, that of the Spaceman Spiff. And what did I find on his blog, but a post criticizing the very post I had vented at barely an hour ago . Not only that, his criticism seemed to encompass the very same points that my post did as well. So I left a comment on his blog apprising him of this fact and fucked off.

Fast forward a couple of hours. As I was checking the comments on my blog, I found a comment by who else, but Spaceman Spiff himself! It seems he, through various random links, had simultaneously happened upon my blog on his own, that too for the first time, and had seen my post and commented on it. And all this, within the time frame of a few hours. Strange or what?

As the Spaceman says, "Coincidence!? I say fate."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If say you used the same search engines, you would get the same results. Then depending on what links you click and what topics you write on each of you would get the others blog coz u share the same interests ? I know there are engines that keep track of what u search or what links you click on and then update their knowledge about you. Artificial Intelligence. Fuck ! i think im still jet lagged. My subconscious talk. I should've just said dammmn thats so fcuking weird. But u know i love u.

gawker said...

But we didnt go through search engines no, we followed links from various blogs. Slime is male.