Friday, January 06, 2006

Maybe they don't sell coconuts after all

You know what just occurred to me an hour ago while I was lying on my back just staring at the ceiling fan, doing nothing, 'cause the electricity was out, thus precluding any possibility of my being able to turn on the tv and watch "Kajra Re" on ten different music channels simultaneously or watch NDTV, which, by the way, is supposed to be a news channel, have an hour-long special on the making of Abhishek Bacchan's "Ek main aur ek tu"? What the fuck am I talking about again? Oh yeah, so as I lay thinking about things that do not really matter, it suddenly occurred to me that the strange little shop back in the US near my apartment with "Coconuts Movies Music" written on it might not actually be selling coconuts, movies and music as I had originally believed. In fact, the more I thought about it, the more I began to suspect that "Coconuts" might be the name of the shop and that it might only be in the business of selling movies and music cds. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.

I guess I'm lucky I didn't embarass myself the other day when I decided to go to the grocery to buy coconuts instead of that little shop when we made coconut chutney at my place.

No comments: