Monday, March 30, 2009

Cooking show

I came up with a great idea for a television cooking show. I will be pitching it to Food Network, Fine Living Network, Black Entertainment Television or any private citizen with a transponder who will answer my phone call. I don't think this idea has ever been implemented in the entire history of cooking shows. In my show, I would give my audience a step by step demonstration on how to cook all my favorite dishes. The twist is that this would provide people with a list of steps on how not to cook that particular dish. Every dish I have ever tried to cook has turned into a federal disaster and this would be a good way for me to capitalize on my failcooking. For example, if I were to add chopped tomatoes to something, that would let you know that you would be better off adding grated apples instead. At the end of my show, I would have the studio audience come over, taste my dish and show their appropriately disgusted facial expressions to the camera in order to demonstrate to all of you sitting out there just how bad my food turned out to be.

For now, I'm trying to come up with a recipe for the pilot episode that would perfectly capture the worst of my cooking instincts. I'm thinking the first omelet I ever produced as a graduate student in the US. In my recipe, I used two onions and only one egg, chopped the onions lengthwise and added onions and egg separately to the frying pan. If you refuse to follow those steps to the letter, you should end up with a perfectly delicious omelet.

I will be calling my show "The Opposite of Bad Cooking". I will let you know when to turn on the TV.

PS : A commenter correctly pointed out that the show should be named "The Opposite of Good Cooking". Turns out I also suck at naming food shows about cooking that sucks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shldnt it be The opposite of Good Cooking?

gawker said...

Should it? Or carrying on with the theme of the show, should the title also be inappropriately named?

skar said...

Deja vu!
http://s-kar.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-about-cooking-blog.html

I wonder who is better in the two of us? I used two tomatoes with my breakfast omelette. By the time all that water evaporated the sun had set on the world and my cooking.

gawker said...

I think your two tomato omlet and strawberry flavored curd rice with peas trumps my two onion omelet. I can either transfer my cooking show production rights to you or have you over as a guest host.

skar said...

I think I'll stick to the blog. Guest host is fine, thank you! I don't have as much time on my hands as you to run the show! :p

Preethe said...

Will a recipe of coconut rice without coconut qualify for your show?

gawker said...

Preethe : No but coconut rice made using Parachute coconut hair oil will qualify.

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?